Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Digital Editing = Dental Magic!

I recently started doing some digital editing for a dental office in the Rogue Valley. I edit a patient's "Before" picture of their teeth and show what it might look like if they get their teeth whitened or get caps put on.

It's been pretty fun to be working in editing again. I don't do much editing in my day-to-day work. Usually when I take portraits I don't edit unless there's extenuating circumstances or a special request.

I was trained as a photojournalist, so keeping images as close to original feels "truthful" to me. Tons of digital editing, unless the image is presented as a Photo Illustration, feels like I am lying to the client and "creating" memories instead of preserving what actually happened.

So, if you are a former client and received your photos expecting something highly edited with high color saturation and added contrast but didn't, now you know why. :)

No comments: